Joyce L. Riggs, MAI, SR/WA
Ms. Riggs is a Certified General Real Estate Appraiser, a Member of the Appraisal Institute, holding the MAI designation, and a Senior Member of the International Right of Way Association (SR/WA). She is qualified as an expert witness in Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange, San Bernardino, and Riverside County Superior Courts. Ms. Riggs has taught at Glendale Community College and guest lectured at California State University, Northridge (CSUN), and CLE International.
Ms. Riggs has served the Southern California Chapter of the Appraisal Institute in various capacities, including President (2003), Region VII Associate Guidance Representative, and Litigation Seminar Chairperson (1997, 2004, 2007). She has also served the International Right of Way Association (IRWA), Chapter 1, as President (2000), Valuation Conference Committee Member, Fall Seminar Committee Member/Chairperson, and Professional Development Committee Member. Ms. Riggs was honored by IRWA Chapter 1 with the Professional Service Award in 2007.
Ms. Riggs' appraisal experience includes:
- Project management and preparation of appraisal reports for multi-parcel acquisition projects, including liaison with property managers, acquisition agents, legal counsel, engineers, etc.
- Appraisals of bulk acreage and commercial/retail, office, industrial, agricultural, and residential properties
- Preparation of litigation appraisal reports and expert witness testimony for general real estate, tax appeals, condemnation, and inverse condemnation cases
- Appraisals of full fee, permanent easement, and temporary construction easement acquisitions for road widening, freeway realignment, and redevelopment projects, including determination of severance damages and/or benefits
- Preparation of Market Rent Studies for purposes of lease negotiations
- Preparation of cost studies for Capital Budgeting Projects